The past month has been an emotional roller coaster, but one of the predominant emotions I’ve had is simply thankfulness. Just a few of the reasons…
- I’m thankful for the ways Jesus has already shown His grace to me. He’s encouraged my heart and drawn very close to me. He is my hope and my Savior; i trust in Him.
- I’m thankful for my bride, Lori. She’s my best friend and hasn’t wavered in her commitment to me. I know there are times when reality hits her, and I find her crying, yet I’ve seen an incredible resolve and strength in her. I believe her role in this is much tougher than mine.
- I’m thankful for my children, they’re my joy and a constant blessing. They keep me laughing and living for today. I see the weight they’re carrying, the sadness they have when they watch me stumble or give myself shots, yet their resiliency is inspiring to me.
- I’m thankful for my dad. It doesn’t seem right for a dad to stand and pray over his son to be healed and live, yet I watched my dad do just that with incredible faith and resolve for my healing. He also bought me golf clubs and has pushed me to play again
- I’m thankful for our families. Lori and I have received incredible support from both our families, praying for us and bringing encouragement.
- I’m thankful for Palm Valley Church. What a blessing to have a church family that’s so incredibly committed to our family. From hundreds of cards, to meals, to encouraging word and hugs, PVC has blessed us. I believe God is going to do even greater things through us as we walk this journey together!
- I’m thankful for my staff, who have been unwavering in their commitment to the Lord, our church, and to Lori and me. They’ve picked up the slack, allowed me to take time to focus on my health, and they’re leading our church through tough times. I know they are hurting, wondering what’s next, but they are amazing leaders and friends!
- I’m thankful for friends. Lori and I have close friends who have run to our sides and lifted up our arms. We have shed many tears of joy together as we’ve recounted the blessings God has given us in our friendships.
- I’m thankful for the body of Christ. Churches, literally around the world, have prayed for me. People i’ve never met are fasting and praying for me. I’m simply overwhelmed at the outpouring of support from the most beautiful thing on the planet, the body of Christ, the Church!