After a couple weeks of not blogging, I’m back in the game Here’s some thougths from the weekend…
Â WOW. Most powerful service I’ve ever been a part of.
Preaching on the crucifixion of JesusÂ 5 x’sÂ absolutely drained me. I feel like mush this morning.
The worship was perfectly suited to the message, andÂ moved meÂ to tears. D-Lo and the team knocked it out of the park!
Watching the Passion of the Christ video makes me cry, and makes me cringe.
I can’t believe all that Jesus endured on ourÂ behalf.
It was awesome to seeÂ hundreds of men come forward and take a stand for Jesus!
I totally cut up my hands swinging the “flagrum” at the cross. During 5th service IÂ looked down and noticed I was bleeding from a cut.
Love thatÂ the people of Palm Valley are pursuing Jesus!
Yesterday was the simplest message I’ll ever preach, but the mostÂ profound.
Left after church yesterday with our other pastors for a two-day retreat. We had an awesome discussion last night on the things that “fill us up” and what “drains us”. It got tense at points, which is a good thing!
Today should be tense. We’re talking aboutÂ the results of our personality tests, how we function together, and our finding from “5 Dysfunctions Of A Team“.
Could be some Ultimate Fights today
I’mÂ emotionally and physically wiped out. Pray for me as I prepare for this weekend.Â The message on “Raising Ultimate Fighters” is intensely personal to me since I have 3 boys!
Thanks for enduring with me, more thoughts to come this week!Â
Our Volunteer Team is led by two incredible gals: Jillayne Payne and Nancy Mondzak. These gals bring a wealth of experience and a level of excellence to the team that helps take PVC to a much higher level. They’re crazy good with systems, and their helping the rest of us get it
One of their projects this quarter has been stepping up the quality of our Volunteer Central; the place where volunteers check-in and also relax during the weekends. We stock it with food and drinks, and want it to be a place where volunteers are reminded how much they matter! So the gals stepped it up to a whole ‘nutha level last week. Volunteer Central is now definitely THE PLACE to be on our campus. The vibe is more VIP lounge than anything, and such a cool way to appreciate our volunteers. Check it out…
We’ve been getting a ton of buzz about the new series starting this weekend at Palm Valley, called the “Ultimate Fighter”. I’m pumped to be able to talk to men in our community about the issues we men face on a daily basis. Again, if you’re in the area, bring every guy you can find to one of our 5 services.Â This will be a straight-forward, no bull teaching series (as if you’d expect anything else?).
Just to help people grasp why we’re doing this series, andwhat’s on my heart, our Executive Pastor Ryan Nunez and I sat down for a talk to help everyone understand what this series is all about. The video’s in 2 parts, below…
I can’t tell you how pumped I am about our new teaching series, “Ultimate Fighter”, beginning this weekend! Most men in our culture think that to become a Christ-follower means you lay aside your manhood and “turn the other cheek”. That’s simply not true. I’m looking forward to talking to the men in our community about what the Bible REALLY teaches about manhood. I think they’ll be surprised! I’ll even be talking about what it really means to turn the other cheek (hint: it’s a great show of strength). If you’d like, you can watch the promo video here.
I believe this is one of the greatest opportunities we’ll ever have to help men in our community establish a relationship with Jesus. This is a series for men, by men! So here’s how you can help make this the most incredible teaching series we’ve ever done…
1) Invite friends. We all know people who are 1 conversation aware from eternal life. We need to initiate that conversation. I’m asking you to invite everyone you know, especially men, to attend Palm Valley Church for the next 5 weeks. I promise you we’ll engage them in an honest, straight-forward conversation about what it means to follow Jesus, and give them the opportunity to establish a relationship with Him. Invite everyone you know, you’ll be surprised by how many will say yes and come to church with you this weekend. You can even send an e-invite from here.
2) If possible, switch to Saturday night. Our 3 services on Sunday are packed out. If you can, please attend either the 5:00 or 6:30 pm services on Saturday evening.
3) Arrive early. Please plan to arrive at least 20-30 minutes early, helping beat the crunch at children’s check-in and be in your seat right when the service starts.
4) Volunteer. With the wave of new people coming each week, I’m asking every person at PVC to volunteer in a ministry, especially greeting/ushers and children’s ministry.
5) Be friendly. I know you already are, but I just want to remind you that people all around you are nervous about being at church for the first time. Make sure you go out of your way to greet people around you and welcome them “Palm Valley style”.
Please be in prayer for me as I put the final touches on my messages for the next few weeks. I believe God has given me some things to say that will really help men become all that Jesus created them to be. See you this weekend at PVC!