Anybody who knows me knows I’m a huge University of North Carolina TarHeel fan. Have been since I was a little tike and always will be. Love the Carolina blue, can’t wait to see them cut down the nets in San Antonio next week!Â For those of you who are Duke fans (D-Lo), here’s a great picture…
Honestly, I have a great deal of respect for Coach K and Duke, it’s just fun to poke at Dukie fans once in a while!
Amazing. Today was like easter all over again. We officially went to 5 services and every one of them was rockin’. Here’s some thoughts from my tired mind…
- There were a ton of new families again this week. It was awesome to see a family that came because my oldest son Jake invited their son, who is in his class.
- The Fresh Start With God team is growing. Very cool to see every new believer being discipled minutes into their relationship with Christ.
- I’m excited about baptism coming in a few weeks. We’re working on doing them right in the middle of services in the auditorium.
- Our children’s team is hitting on all cylinders. I’ve never seen a kid’s ministry so well staffed and organized.
- The D-Backs kick-off their season tomorrow at 11:10 a.m.. I predict a lot of staff working on laptops in the creative room (TV on).
- Darius and I are headed to Durango, Colorado to scout out some final details for our High School summer camp.
- Set-up and tear-down were rockin’ this week. DJ is doing an awesome job organizing and encouraging the volunteers in this ministry.
- I find healing every time I tell the story about my mom. God is so good! (you can watch the message at www.palmvalley.org beginning Tuesday).
- Very cool to see so many people stand for prayer in each service. I love watching PVC’ers stand and pray for them!
- HadÂ a good work-out this evening, but my IPod died so I got bored and cut short I need to focus.
- Thanks to all who moved to Saturday night, it was cool to “play two” on Saturdays. I’m digging that late service (6:30 pm).
- Played with my myspace page today.
- There is so much momentum at PVC right now it’s unbelievable. The amount of life change we’re seeing is unlike I’ve ever witnessed.
I can’t wait to get in the office in the morning and dream about how to help more people become fully devoted followers of Christ. I’m praying for you this week as you impact the people around you with His love.
During the easter weekend services I told a story of “betrayal” about my oldest sister. In the story (true story) she told me to put my last quarter into a video game that didn’t work. During our 6th service I was telling the story when who walks up to the stage but my sister, holding a quarter and asking for my forgiveness. I was stunned, but the crowd got a great laugh. Here’s the video…
I’m still recovering from easter, but it was awesome. 6 services wore me out, but I’m glad we did that many.
Palm Valleyer’s, thanks to everyone who served and made it possible to pull off such an incredible easter. To see greeters and childrens workers arriving at 6:30 a.m. reminded what an awesome team of volunteers we have! Overall, 3,435 people attended easter at Palm Valley Church, an all-time record for us. It amazes me to see the continued growth God is bringing. Here’s some other thoughts…
- D-Lo and the worship team brought their A-game this weekend.
- The video support of the worship was moving.
- Zooplosion in the KidZone was awesome!
- Safety team handled some issues very nicely, love ya’ guys and gals.
- The testimony from the Moreno’s reminded me why I love being a part of a church that reaches people for Christ!
- 7:00 a.m. is way too early for a service
- Loved the 2 service Saturday night thing. I encourage PVC’ers to make the move to Saturday night.
- Our staff rocks; they put in a ton of extra work this week to make things happen. Ryan and Adrienne even slept overnight in a motorhome at the school so they’d be there early for Sunday morning!
- Lots of buzz in the community about our easter egg helicopter drop.
- Had aÂ great lunch today with local pastors. I love hanging out with other pastors.
- Special thanks to the refreshment team for keeping us fed and watered all weekend!
That’s it for now. Easter was awesome, but the reality sets in that we’re doing 5 services every week for now on. So, here we go!
Spent the afternoon on the phone with Gary Lamb talking about Revolution Church’s easter egg drop. They had advertised big, and what happened in return was monumental!
I’ll let Gary share what happened when He’s ready, but let me tell you I’m proud of the risks Gary and Revolution are willing to take to reach people for Christ. When you hear what happened, you’ll know it was an easter egg hunt like no other! Go Gary, and go Revolution!