I’m pumped about this weekend, ton of cool stuff going on…
- We’re sponsoring 1,000 families for thanksgiving through Phoenix Rescue Mission. We finished our boxes tonight, excited to take them to the picnic tomorrow. I love seeing my kids get excited about helping others. Lori and I are really trying to instill the value of compassion in them.
- Church picnic tomorrow should be a blast. Brent and his team have done a great job of preparing for a couple thousand people to hang out. I think people will be amazed when they see how many people actually attend PVC all in one place together.
- No Saturday service, which means I get a bit of a mental break this weekend. 4 services can be grueling, and I’m looking forward to sitting at home tomorrow night and watching the ASU game with my boys.
- Teaching Sunday about communication, and I’m feeling good about the message. The creative team has really hit it out of the park on this series, and I feel like they’ve given me a ton of help in message preparation. Make sure you bring people who don’t know Christ with you this weekend, they’ll be glad you did!
I’m often asked if I know of any good daycare’s/preschool’s in the area. I know it’s a major concern for a lot of parents. Well, I happen to know of a great one. If you’re looking for care for your child, check out…
Great Leaps Preschool
This school was started by two incredible gals, Heidi Gray and Nicole Palmer, both of whom attend Palm Valley. I think highly of both.
Join with me in praying for so many affected by the fires in California. With over 1,000,000 people displaced you know there’s a lot of hurt right now. Let’s pray together for the safety of those fighting these fires, and for the quick return to life as normal as possible for those who have suffered loss.
I know I’m late on weekend reflections, but my computer crashed Sunday, so I’ve been working the old school way. Thanks to Darius for the use of his laptop today! Here’s some thoughts from the weekend…
- the new environments are awesome. We basically doubled the space in every one of our kids areas, giving us areas that are much more conducive to kids having a blast, and allowing us to reach more kids for Christ. That’s a win-win
- The message on covenant marriage really hit home. I’m so thankful that I’ve never doubted Lori’s commitment to me, and I know that no matter what we face in life we’ll be “walking together”. Check out the video if you missed it.
- People are jazzed about our vow renewal service coming up on November 10-11. We’ll be giving couples the opportunities to affirm their wedding vows in each one of our services.
- Now that it’s cooler people are hanging out on the patio after services. It’s cool to see people connecting and building friendships!
- I love the vibe at Palm Valley right now. People are so on fire for Christ, and there’s such a spirit of kindness and grace, awesome!
- “The premise of marriage is that marriage is a promise”. There you go.
- Raiders lost again, there goes the super bowl.
- Suns start next week, this is our year!
- Huge props to the pre-school department. I love the care my daughter receives each week, even when she’s in there all 4 services like this weekend. She wasn’t ready to leave. Thanks for loving on her, and the 300 other kids you have each week.
- We’re getting new sound equipment next week, should help take our service sound to another level of clarity.
- I love our church. Palm Valley’ers, you rock! thanks for being so awesome. Can’t wait to see you next weekend.
Man, God was obviously at work this weekend at Palm Valley Church. I hear that 14 people went to the Fresh Start table, inviting Christ into their lives. Here’s some other highlights…
- The Student Ministries moved to their new environments and times, and I hear it was off the hook. The game room was a huge hit and the worship environment was much more conducive to growth. Darius and his team are hitting it out of the park every week.
- We moved all of our children’s ministry environments, and it flowed incredibly well. Every ministry now has more space, and it allows us to reach more people for Christ.
- First week with the pro-kids policy. Man, it was awesome to preach through 4 services w/o one cell phone or baby crying. Don’t get me wrong, I love babies (have 4), but my adhd makes it hard to concentrate through any distractions.
- I taught toÂ singles from Genesis 22, Abraham sacrificing Isaac. It made absolutely no sense when we first thought of it, but man did it preach. God used it in a big way!
- I’ve hadÂ 2 couples contact me this week because they were living together and want to get married. I love when we speak the truth in love and God uses it to change lives.
- Went to the ASU/Washington game Saturday night with all 3 of my boys. Someone gave us tickets that included free food. My kids ate their fill and had a blast
- Jan and Amy are incredible. They serve all weekend backstage and make sure me and the praise team are on cue. They take great care of us and do it with a smile. Thanks gals!
- I loved standing on stage as we sang “How Great Is Our God”. During all 4 services people were worshiping with their hearts, and it showed on their faces. Makes a pastor feel good
That’s it for today. Make sure you invite people to come with you next weekend, it’s going ot be incredible as we continue “Your Best Marriage Ever”.