I am totally and completely whipped this morning. There’s been a ton going on over the last few weeks, and after 4 services, I’m tired.
- Saturday night is really growing. i’m not sure if it’s because people are moving over to free up seats on Sunday, or because football started
- It was cool to see Sarah at church this weekend. If you don’t know her story, you need to read it.Â By the way, leave her a comment and let her know you’re praying for her.
- Shout out to Michael Anthony on the sound board. I saw him lugging speakers after serving all 4 services. Our sound guys are awesome!
- The worship was awesome this week. Check out Derrick’s blog for a rundown.
- Trust within a staff is huge. I initially wasn’t sold on what Derrick wanted to do this weekend, but he was so passionate about it I had to trust his heart. He was right.
- Had leaders from our church over last night and it was great. Leaders in our church are craving more opportunity, and they’re going to take us to the next level.
- There’s a lot of hurting people right now due to the market fall. It was cool to be able to pray with and encourage hurting people after every service.
- Talked to two 21 year old guys who gave their life to Christ yesterday, awesome!
- We’re changing up our kids and youth areas in a couple weeks to create more space, should be very cool!
- My wife rocks, I got lucky!
- Daniel’s doing a great job building the compassions team.
- Huge news coming Sep. 29/30. You don’t want to miss this weekend!
Our Student Ministries is doing a series called “Bodybuilding”. They’re talking about what the Bible has to say about our heart, eyes, ears, and hands.
They’ve done a couple cool thingst to tie the series in for the students. one is temporary tattoos with the series logo. It’s been fun to see these all over the community, with kids proud to wear e’m and invite their friends.
They’ve also brought in a special guest star named “Jim”, who’s doing some instructional videos for the students. It’s hilarious stuff, watch it here.
Many of you know a youngÂ boy in our church who has been fighting Leukemia for the past two years. Josh is an incredible young guy, with a huge heart. Throughout his fight he’s continued to be an encouragement to others, and keeps telling people the God has a purpose in all of this. He’s got great perspective! My boys pray for Josh every day, and they get so excited when they see that he’s able to come to church.
You can learn more about Josh on his web site.Â
Josh has also done an incredible job raising funds for the fight against Leukemia. Tomorrow night he’s a part of “kids unite” in Goodyear, which is a fund raiser for him. If you’re looking for something fun to do with the family, and a great way to help Josh, you can head out to the Goodyear Park tomorrow night.
Learn more here.
Also, continue to pray for Josh’s healing.
I’ve begun reading through the book of Matthew in my time with the Lord each day.Â I’ve been so encouraged by the words of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount, and the very practical teaching He gives to followers. This morning I read the New Living Translation of Matthew 7, and this stuck out to me…
Matthew 7:7-8 (NLT)Â Â
“Keep on asking, and you will be given what you ask for. Keep on looking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened.  For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And the door is opened to everyone who knocks.
I love the way Jesus says “keep on, keep on, keep on”.Â I don’t know about you, but in my prayer life I’m often “one and done”, meaning I pray about something and thenÂ seem to forget about praying for it anymore. Jesus is encouraging us here to passionately pursue the heart of God when we pray, and to know that if something is truly important we ought to continually bring it to the Lord in prayer. I know I’m praying about some things right now, and they’re continually on the tip of my heart and mind.
How about you?Â What’s goingÂ on in your life right now that you’re praying God will show up in. Are you “keepin’ on”Â in prayer?Â I know that right now a lot of people in our church are going through some tough times. I encourage you to “keep on” asking, seeking, and knocking. After all, the Lord has already promised that He will not let you down. So seek Him and what He’s wanting to do in your life, then you will have direction for your next steps.
I’m keepin’ on for you
I’m fired up about this weekend at Palm Valley. We’ve got such momentum right now, it’s obvious God’s doing something big, and I believe He’s got even bigger plans for the coming months!
In my teaching this weekend I’ll be answering the question “Why Does God Allow Suffering”? It’s the question I’m asked more than any other, and I’m sure you’ve wondered it yourself (I know I have). Well, this weekend we’ll looking into the Bible to see what God has to say about this.
By the way, this is one of the best opportunities you’ll ever have to bring people who don’t know Jesus with you to church. I challenge you to bring everybody you know who needs to be there. Since all of us deal with this question, you know the message will apply to their life.
Also, Derrick has planned an awesome music set. I guarantee you this: we’ve never done a worship service like the one we will do this weekend. After looking through it with Derrick this morning, I’m pumped. Make sure you get there early and bring people with you!