Man, it was great to be back at Palm Valley today. I loved hanging out on the patio and just talking with some poeple. Here’s some thoughts for a Sunday night…
- The GO students did an awesome job today; hard to preach after them!
- services rocked, it seems like our body is just excited to be together each week.
- Can’t wait for Baggage next week, check out the video promo here.
- Lori got her hair cut in a Bob (whatever that means). She looks incredible!
- Alvin’s awesome, always there and reliable as all get out. Thanks man!
- We need more greeters and ushers, too many people coming.
- Next week is going to be insane, you better bring some people with you.
- Karina did a great job getting everything together for baggage. Wait until you see the staging.
- The mailers, invites, ads, and video for Baggage are awesome; great job Michael!
- Went to a D-backs game with my boys the other night. It’s cool for me to watch them taking to the American pastime. My youngest even got a ball, very cool.
- Reading 2 Thessalonians right now, love Paul’s resolve to do whatever it takes to reach people with the gospel.
- I’m out of preaching shape. I was seriously out of breath today. Need to get back in the gym and into preaching shape.
- 4 services beginning next week, did I mention I need to get into the gym.
- Palm Valley’ers, make sure you’re praying and inviting people next week; lives are going to be changed!
Waking up with the cool mountain air this morning really refreshed me. I’ve had time this morning to do some thinking, and just dreaming about what God’s doing in my life, and what I believe He wants to do at Palm Valley. All I can tell you is, I’m excited. I’ve been stretched and grown in my leadership like never before, and I believe PVC is going to benefit from that.
I have the same feeling I had right when we started the Church. That same wonder and awe, nervousness, expectation, and hope. I can’t really explain it, but I know it to be true. God’s about to rock us! Our staff has really grown the past few months, become much greater leaders, and working more efficiently together. Our church body is united behind the vision, and leaders are stepping forward like crazy to do “whatever it takes” to reach this community for Christ.
Oh yeah, andÂ did I mention thatÂ ”Baggage” is going to be a series that’s goingÂ to be off the hook. I’ve had time to do some serious studying, reading, and praying in preparation forÂ teaching this, and I believe it’s going to be life-changing forÂ EVERYÂ one of us.Â
I’ve got a few incredibly exciting announcements coming, but can’t reveal them just quite yet :0
The boys and I are dying to go hiking and climb some rocks, so we’re off.
I left the house at about 5:30 a.m. Monday morning, and I just got home at 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. That’s a 20 hour day. I’m whooped. I was all over town, a ton of meetings, spent some time with potential staff in the morning, and current staff in the evening. It was a great day, I love every moment of getting to do this. I’m running on fumes right now, but couldn’t imagine a better way to invest my life.
We were at the airport tonight for about 3 hours shooting some video for the upcoming “Baggage” series, beginning August 4th/5th. I really believe this is going to be a powerful, life-changing series. Make sure you invite people who don’t know Jesus; they’ll thank you!
Tomorrow I leave to take the family to the mountains, which should be a blast. Lori and I got our time away in June, this week is dedicated to the kids. My boys are pumped to get to the great outdoors.
Wow, what an incredible weekend we had! It’s the middle of July, but I sense we have a ton of momentum as a church right now. God really used Seize The Moment to solidify us and focus us laser-sharp on our vision. We’re seeing the fruit of that.
- Moving to the auditorium has given us a great feel in worship. It’s much more intimate than the gym!
- Our Children’s ministry have adapted incredibly well to their new areas. I love that my kids are growing up in a church we’re they love going.
- Mike did an awesome job leading worship this week. I sensed God at work in people’s hearts as we sang.
- The message truly was a blog, straight from my heart. If you missed it, watch it here.
- We’ve had a lot of staff gone on vacation. This is good, they all needed it.
- I believe God’s getting ready to rock our socks off at Palm Valley Church! We’d better get ready.
I feel it in my heart; this weekend is going to be awesome at Palm Valley Church! I believe God’s going to do something big in our hearts!
I’m telling you, the worship is going to be awesome! This guy is going to bring it. Trust me, you want to make sure you get there early this weekend! Did I mention that you should get there early this weekend? You don’t want to miss the worship.
The message God has placed on my heart is burning within me. I can’t wait to share it with you. So be there early