Today we shot some video for this weekend’s services. We’re unveiling the campus & building plans, so it’s going to be very cool! Palm Valleyer’s, you don’t want to miss this historical weekend. I believe we’ll look back at this weekend for years to come and remember how incredible God is! It will be one of our rock piles for future generations. Remember, Seize The Moment!
As we kicked off the “Dangerous Church” series, we looked at Acts 4:13, and realized that ordinary people like Peter and John are able to do extraordinary things when they spend time with Jesus.
I challenged our body to spend time each day in prayer and reading the Bible. Palm Valley Church is reading Scripture together for the next 50 days, giving us an overview of the Bible. If you’d like to join us, here’s the reading plan…
50 Day Bible Reading Plan For Palm Valley Church
It’s going to be fun to see how God grows us through the coming weeks.
Last week at the Launch Conference I met some great church planters. I love planters because they are on the cutting edge of faith. I believe there’s no riskier endeavor (from experience) that starting a church from scratch. I love hanging out with these guys for 2 reasons…
- I’m committed to helping them. We’ve learned a lot at PVC, and I want to share our experiences to benefit other churches.
- They keep me fresh. These guys are risk takers; they challenge me to stay hungry and uncomfortable!
One of the great guys I met this week was Jimmy Britt. We had just a few moments together, but he seemed very genuine. He shared that he’s friends with Gary, so I instantly liked him Jimmy had some kind words about me and Palm Valley on his blog (read here)…
Jimmy, I’m no big dog, but it was great to meet you! Next time our paths cross I’d love to spend some time talking over mcnuggets!
I’m flat out tired this evening. Last week was incredibly busy, and it really hit me this afternoon. Here’s some thoughts I feel this evening…
- I made a good value decision Friday night. I really wanted to go to the Chris Tomlin concert, but I gave my tickets away and spent time with my boys. We hit Wienerschnitzel for a gourmet hot dog dinner, and then headed to a high school basketball game to watch some young guys from our church play. The boys and I had a blast, and it was cool for me to see them get excited about possibly playing in the future. We’ve also got some serious players in our church!
- When set-up goes long, it makes Saturday night rough. We had some rough moments with the sound system and it left the praise team and me w/o adequate stage time before the service. Caused a few glitches in the service, but it’s all good.
- Being a dangerous church is fun. It was cool to sense people wrestling with God as we talked about some tough stuff this weekend. I’m excited to see how the Lord uses it to grow our body.
- I never want to be a part of a safe church.
- I’m pumped about next weekend as we’ll unveil “Seize The Moment”; our building campaign. I’m so excited for the people of Palm Valley Church to see the building designs and campus map as we dream together about what we believe God is going to do in the coming days!
- It’s been 3 weeks since I’ve been in the gym and I’m feeling it. I need to get to the gym tomorrow; so I’ll pack my clothes and take them to work with me, that way I have no excuses
This cartoon needs no explanation, other than it’s funny because it’s true…